Duty of Care with the Corona Virus
Essential workers, including those who are in the electrical industry, continue services during this pandemic. They risk their own health as they continue their work for the society and the economy.
Since electricians have a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19, we implement best practices and control measures to keep them safe and healthy, as well as the families and businesses we are working for.
Social Distancing at the Workplace
Workers on construction sites, including electricians, work closely together.
However, in this trying time, social distancing is one of the most important measures to help minimise the spread of the virus. To do so, SureSpark ensures the following are strictly followed and implemented:
- Limit physical interactions to include worker to worker, worker to the client, worker to suppliers, and other persons at the site.
- Limit the number of workers on the field. This is done either through shifting or reduced number of tasks in a day.
- Create walkways and signage to promote social distancing.
- Conduct meetings online or in wide-open spaces to maintain social distancing.∙ Assign someone to monitor that social distancing is strictly implemented at the site.
Health Check-up and Isolation
The health of our essential workers is strictly monitored.
- If any of our staff are experiencing symptoms, or if they have been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, or have undertaken travels, we have directed them to immediately call and report this condition to us.
- We strictly encourage workers NOT to come to work if they are displaying the symptoms, also we encourage the workers to get tested so we can be 100% sure. This gives you the assurance that only has healthy electricians that will do your maintenance and repair requests.
The virus can survive on objects and surfaces. This is why environmental cleaning is necessary to prevent getting infected by the virus.Our staff touch objects and surfaces. This means frequent cleaning of the worksite and tools is a must. In doing so, we use disinfectant solutions when cleaning. Our also wear protective gear such as face mask, gloves and use hand sanitiser before and after cleaning when needed.
Proper hygiene is practised by all of our staff and electricians. This includes:
- Coughing etiquette
- Proper disposal of used tissues, mask and gloves
- Wash hands from time to time with soap and clean water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol or alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Taking a bath and washing clothes after a whole day of work
- Avoid touching of the face and eyes
- No to handshakes
Keep Workers Well Informed
We constantly inform our staff about the risks of exposure to coronavirus disease through proper training and education. This equips them with the knowledge, when to stay away from the site, what action to take if they feel ill and what symptoms to be concerned about.
Are you having a hard time looking for electrical contractors due to the pandemic?
SURESPARK Electrical Contractors is ready to help whenever you need fast and reliable electrical contractors in the time of Covid-19.Rest assured we provide prompt and professional services while ensuring yours and our safety from this deadly virus. Send us a message.